You are here
Volunteer and share your knowledge
PUM is looking for senior experts
PUM is constantly on the lookout for new volunteers wishing to share their knowledge and experience with entrepreneurs in developing countries and emerging markets. We are interested in contacting men but above all women up to 68 years of age, with the Dutch nationality, with an in-depth knowledge of work on the shop floor. You may for example be a source of expert knowledge about the textile and clothing industry, metal, chemicals, agriculture, the environment or hospitality and tourism, and you are willing to make your experience and expertise available for projects that last on average two weeks. We also we ask from you:
- You are available to execute a project at least twice a year
- You are willing and available to professionalize yourself as an expert (for example by attending to a training provided by PUM)
- Your flexibility is such that you are able to execute a project within a period of two months
- You have approximately 30 years of working experience, preferably in a developing country
- You view the transfer of knowledge and experience as a challenge
- You have the Dutch nationality
- You speak and write English well (French or Spanish are an advantage)
- You are able to make a decent corporate analysis and report in English, and are able to provide aftercare or follow-up advice
- You have an affinity with developing countries and/or emerging markets
- You are adventurous, flexible and like to meet people from different cultures
Please click here to find a list of sectors in which we are active.
Please note: the sectors Environmental Matters /CSR, Vocational Education and IT Business Consultancy are currently closed for expert registrations.
Please note: for the Healthcare sector we are looking specifically for experts with management experience in hospitals and primary healthcare facilities, dentists, obstetricians and medical technicians. Knowledge of E-health developments is a plus. For other areas of expertise within Healthcare, we currently have sufficient experts.
If you fulfill the basic requirements, and would like to make yourself available to us as an expert, please register via the button 'Become a PUM senior expert' in the menu on the right-hand side.